Facebook is currently the most popular social networking site on Earth. Originally a platform for college students to connect with each other, it has exploded into a massive phenomenon that engages everyone from students to professionals across the world.
Facebook has helped to usher in a new era of doing business.
Now small businesses can tap into a global pool of customers regardless of their location or budget.
Facebook has also introduced several unique features catering to businesses. Businesses can benefit greatly by taking advantage of the features designed for promoting a company locally. Utilizing social media can help companies tap into a local market and make connections that weren’t possible before.
- Creating Content. Content creation is one of the most effective ways to reach out and make connections with new customers. Taking out ads and running press releases can be extremely expensive, but Facebook opens up a publishing platform that is completely free.
- Over One Billion Users. Facebook simply has a massive userbase. No matter where you are located, you’re bound to have people you can connect with locally to expand your business.
- Graph Search. In 2013, Facebook introduced Graph search, which allows users to search for businesses, news, people and much more. More and more Facebook users are using Facebook to find products and services in their region.
- Photos & Videos. Visuals always help bring more attention to your content. Facebook makes full use of this with newsfeeds. You can use photo and video features built in to Facebook to bring more exposure to your content too.
- Company Pages. Facebook lets you build a separate page for your business, including all of your company information, contact details and a full profile where you can publish content.
- Contests. Contests and giveaways can be an excellent tool for attracting new business and leveraging existing customers. Facebook is the ideal platform for you to run promotions and discounts on your products and services, and it’s easier than ever to implement such events now on Facebook.
- Interacting With Other Pages. There are millions of businesses and fan pages on Facebook. You can reach out and interact with these pages and Like other pages that are relevant to your own to increase your reach and expose your brand to more people across Facebook
- SEO Benefits. Most of the major search engines now factor for social media activity in their search results. Regular content being published to a Facebook page, and the number of shares and likes your pages get are flags for search engines to rank your content higher up in search results.
- Facebook Ads. There are also plenty of paid advertising options on Facebook. You can run a variety of ads, from traditional sidebar ads to promoting your posts higher up in your networks newsfeed. You can also target by region, demographic and other variables to narrow down your advertising efforts.
- Promoted Posts. A part of Facebook Ads, you can promote a single post on your Facebook page to bring it maximum exposure. This is also one of the best kept secrets of Facebook promotion due to its cost-effectiveness. Instead of bidding for views with traditional ads, you increase your reach on your follower’s networks and their friend’s networks with individual posts for a much lower, fixed cost.
This is just an overview of the key items that can help your business grow with Facebook. Ultimately, it’s about getting involved and establishing your brand identity with the crowd that you care about serving. The faster you can adapt to using social media in your business, the sooner you’ll be able to tap into the modern consumer crowd.