Online videos have exploded with billions of daily views. In fact, just YouTube alone gets over 3 billion daily views. Many of these views are on business and professional videos that your business could tap into.
Because of the influence video has on business, studies have shown us some very interesting statistics.
- An average one-minute online video conveys what a 1.8 million-word essay would convey, which equals over 3,500 blog posts.
- People visiting websites spend an average of 88% more time on sites that include videos.
- Over 70% of shoppers prefer to see a video on the products page while viewing a company’s website.
- Close to 60% of shoppers in the United States state that watching a product video helps them feel more confident before purchasing. In the addition, these shoppers also feel less inclined to return a product if they viewed a video prior to purchasing.
- YouTube is currently the leading platform in which consumers watch product videos, at 60%.
- Although computers are still the primary way that most consumers view videos, over 50% said that viewing videos on their smartphones is a quick and convenient way to find product information. Mobile users represent a large portion of consumers.
- By 2016, experts estimate that at least two-thirds of the world’s mobile viewing will be videos.
- By placing a video on your business landing page, your company website is 53% more likely to show up on the first page of Google search engine results.
- Companies that use videos in conjunction with email marketing see an average 75% decrease in email opt-outs.
- In a recent survey geared towards hundreds of executives, 85% stated that they view business videos, and 65% typically view the company’s website after watching.
If you weren’t already convinced about the power of video marketing, it’s time to take a second look! People are visual creatures, and if you can cater to our love for videos and multimedia you can tap into a tremendous audience.